Why Dental Implants?
Dental implants provide many advantages compared to dentures. A denture that suits best for the beginning may tend to slip and become uncomfortable after some time which is due to the gradual bone loss. Keeping the denture steadily for a long time firmly on the bony ridges that dentures clasp onto is a difficult task due to wear. It is specific to say that the most annoying aspect of denture is its poor chewing ability.
Here are some points to consider while you are deciding between denture or an implant-supported restoration
- Dental adhesives are often used for bonding dentures in the mouth. This sometimes requires re-bonding after food. No such adhesives are needed for implant supported dentures.
- Dentures demand ‘removal’ for cleaning, whereas except for removable denture, implant supported denture can be cleaned by brushing and flossing as like normal teeth
- Your sense of taste is compromised as the roof of the mouth is covered by dentures. No such condition occurs in implant-supported restoration.
- Dentures may slip out while speaking or eating, whereas implants are firmly anchored in the jaws and won’t get slipped.
- With dentures, you need to eat with caution and sometimes you may limit eating more food since it has only 10% chewing power to that of natural teeth. Contrary to it, with implant restorations, one can eat with full chewing power.
- Click sound while you hear during eating with dentures is no more with implant supported dentures.
- Dentures have no effect on jaw bone needed to prevent bone loss, while implants ensure high-pressure stimulation that needed to prevent jawbone loss.
- Bone loss progression caused overtime while wearing dentures can result in contributing ‘old look’ to the face. Implants prevent bone loss.
Jerush dental and facial corrective centre is located at Thucakaly, Nagercoil, Tamilnadu, India, is a leading Dental Implants hospital providing best dental treatments and Facial aesthetic surgery since 2002. Just 40 km from Trivandrum and 25 km from Nagercoil. Marthandam is the nearest town.